Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Zombieland and the iPhone

I shouldn't be drinking vodka, because it makes me feel stupid.  Bourbon, although not as healthy as triple distilled rubbing alcohol, is familiar to me.  I have been drinking bourbon all my life, since I heard Jim Fine order, "Bourbon and ginger" at a party we were playing with the Kyle Whitford Band.  Bourbon used to taste really good, but I think in recent years like everything in America is has become fraudulent.  What's that?  Fraudulent bourbon?  How is that possible?  It is possible just like many herbal supplements on the market are fraudulent.  The vendor tells you they are selling you a specific product, and in actuality it is a placebo or it is chalk.  I have had this experience three times buying Guarana both online in in stores.  It began with eBay auctions.  The bottles began showing up unsealed.  Inside of them was something other than guarana.  Once after reading feedback from a particular seller, I discovered they were substituting melatonin for guarana.  Wow!  Melatonin is a sleep aid.  Guarana is an energy enhancer.  Taking melatonin instead of guarana is dangerous, and I did it for a while until discovering that tablets were making me more sleepy.  Recently I purchased guarana at the local Vitamin Shoppe.  When I opened the bottle in the car after buying it, the "guarana" was fake.  It was the same white stuff the eBay vendor sent.  I ordered  Puritan's Pride version of guarana from another seller, and it also was fake.  He returned my money.  The Vitamin Shoppe gave me a store refund, but for obvious reasons I no longer want to spend my money there. How do you know if you are really getting Ginko Biloba?  The FDA does not regulate herbal supplements.  I am not sure there is much oversight in the alcohol business.  It has become big business, and because our federal government taxes it 50% liquor and tobacco are money-earning commodities.  It's too bad that like everything in America, there is no oversight.  Fraud is everywhere. It is being called "Fake News."  It makes life difficult, when everything you buy is accompanied by a neurosis about its authenticity and value.  I am a good internet shopper.  I have learned how to research products online, find reputable sellers, and most times receive a fair product.  A few times I have been screwed, but it is becoming more of a norm.  I question the quality of today's bourbon in America.  It doesn't taste the same.  I have a friend who thinks that the bourbon industry is using high fructose corn syrup rather than cane sugar.  It doesn't taste the same.  Of all of the things I would like to think about, the validity of my herbal supplements and non-prescription medication are not on the list.  I would rather continue as normal, but America is not the same.  America has changed frighteningly in the last decade.  I feel stupid.  I drive around Fayetteville running errands, and judging from what I see our entire lives have become masquerades.  Capitalism, or the selling of goods and services, must have failed on a massive scale for businesses to behave as they do.  Apple is on my mind, and after receiving an iPod Touch for a Christmas gift, I believe that company, after Steve Job's death, has become the major purveyor of Newspeak.   There were smartphones, and then there were iPhones.  iPhones.  The Macintosh operating system was re-tooled over UNIX, modified for mobile use, and voila.  Apps!  I don't need apps, because I remember when application were just programs you used on a personal computer to get your work done.  It was a bit scholarly.  (Obama is deploying the military his last few weeks in office, and Fayettenam is at war)  The C-130's flying over our house are an ominous presence.  Who knew Vladimir Putin had become America's arch enemy number one?  When did this happen?  When did Congress decide to resurrect the Cold War?  I understand that Putin may be a threatening presence, and fully I don't understand what is happening in Syria and Aleppo.  Putin is responsible for most of it like the annexation of Crimea.  I feel stupid, because what I am seeing and listening to on television and the newspaper each day is juvenile, childish, dogma.  The problems America faces are clear, and senile senior senators playing pinochle on our dime is unacceptable.  Truly and without a shadow of a doubt our Federal government no longer represent the best interests of Americans.  In North Carolina they brag in your face as the screw you up the ass.  It is like professional wrestling.  I shouldn't be surprised, but I have been to nine years of college.  I have sought to educate myself, to grow, and to mature into a thoughtful, compassionate, intelligent artist.  There is little room for that now, because we still are at war.  (The engineer gives a little toot on the horn, because at a grade crossing they are required to warn motorists)  Most of the time they don't.  Most of the time CSX-T breaks the rules.  They run most of their trains at night now.  Just read any online account of engineers on call for a major railroad.  They are overworked and underpaid.  We can't expect ethical behavior from anyone scraping to get by.  Nine years of college to understand a fruitful and fulfilling life, and yet America has become a trench.  Although I voted for Hillary I feel Donald Trump is the only qualified person to see through the B.S.  on capital hill.  That is why they are so afraid of him.  The excesses, masquerades, and fleecings of Americans are so rampant, they are upon what America runs.  Capitalism has failed, and to survive fraud has become the new market.  It was easier before.  It was easier when we had the Mafia.  At least we understood it.  If you can't get by within the constrictions of the law, you went around it or made your own.  That is happening now, just on Wall Street.  I read up on George Soros, and I liked most of what he ways.  What I don't like is that he is a hedge fund manager.  Pooling the populaces debt and selling it like fish is not the right way to become wealthy.  Bernie Madoff is in jail for it.  (Has his movie come out yet?)  I have discovered that there are no networks, cable or otherwise.  Television has become one singular entity, and it is controlled by the same interests.  Is it Fox News, the originator of ridiculous soap box shouting?  Is it Rupert Murdoch?  Is the the Defense industry who desperately need the U.S. to be at war so their companies can become profitable?  I don't know, but we are losing.  I don't think president-elect Trump is the problem.  I think he will be a solution. He doesn't need the taxpayers money.  Back to Apple.  Wireless communications by zombies.  Our youth have been brain-washed.  After trying to play simple MP3 files on this new iPod Touch, only was I bombarded with sales pitches.  Apple Music.  I don't want Apple Music.  I want the music I loaded on this iPod.  I don't want the weather.  I don't need notification.  What a cluster fuck.  When I learned the Macintosh at OSU, it was simple, easy, and fun.  I didn't have masses of millennials trying to screw me through suggestive software, products that melt the human mind, and poisoning our souls with insipid propaganda.  (I didn't get that just right, but you get the picture)  Apple has become despicable, and perhaps their network is responsible for Newspeak.  ATT bought Direct TV.  It all is ONE thing controlled by one interest.  There are no networks, only aliens sitting in offices pushing the buttons.