Monday, January 09, 2017

Weiner News and the Dewey Decimal System

Now that Roy Cooper officially has become the governor of North Carolina, and Pat McCrory will carry his devious political affiliations to Washington, refuse is beginning to float to the surface of the pond.  A recent study showed that the state of North Carolina ranked last in an international study testing the voting process.  We are the least democratic state in the union, meaning we are ruled like a plantation.  I have known this my whole life, and never was it more evident to me than when I graduated with a BME degree from UNC-Chapel Hill.  Beginning teacher pay was roughly $18,000.00 a year.  I spent four years of my life studying at a prestigious institution so the state of North Carolina could spit in my face.  It hasn't stopped.  In fact it has gotten worse.  I was lucky enough to see fit to move away from the American South, and it was a good idea.  Other places are not like plantation states.  South Carolina was, and that is why I moved from there.  Moving back to North Carolina has been the largest challenge of my life, and it is not over with yet.  Each and every day I ask myself how life became so difficult, and the answer is because we are stuck living in a plantation state.  The political sentiments here are over a century old and they are rife with bigotry, racism, and violence.  I have learned enough in my time spent in other places how to ignore this ignorance.  When life continues to beat on you with the help of your state legislature, it becomes tiring.  Must we be idealists to think out state government is there to help us succeed?  Instead their intent is to control, suffocate, and exploit the general population of North Carolina for their own greed.  Never did I want to believe the stereotypes of the American South, until I have been forced to experience them first hand.  It really is unbelievable.  It is not unlike an Orwellian novel, and I guess that is appropriate.  The great literature of our time along with the rest of our cultural heritage that is being suppressed is exactly as 1984 depicts.  With the media at the helm truth, integrity, and Christianity have waned leaving America a whining bunch of second generation Appalachians.  I never knew devoted ignorance could be the cornerstone of a human existence until now.  I guess God knew what would happen to man.  It is up to us to solve this crisis, and we will fail.  Only those devoted to Christ will survive and be transported to His other planet after watching men destroy our own world.