Tuesday, May 02, 2023

The Power Grid is Off the Grid

 Tonight's topic should be the rampant exploitation of America's resources with no culpability.  Our example should be Alaska, which with no regulatory oversight, was over-fished and hunted leaving nothing but barren rugged geography and no means of survival.  Haiti.  The indigenous population was so starved, they ate everything on the island leaving nothing.  No fish.  No birds.  A desert of dust.  The stories in the news are appropriate, and Valley Proteins, after ignoring safety for their employees and sacrificing several workers because of lack of proper PPE, was bought by Darling to cover their mistakes.  (the same way Chemours was founded to cover DuPont's ills)  Trucks in Clinton are dropping dead rotting carcasses in the roadways, and there is no penalty.  The mayor and police force have been involved, and North Carolina's state legislature looks the other way.  They allow this behavior the same way they allow many kinds of exploitative behavior by corporate interests in the state.  (their buddies)  My example and the way this will get resolved is my Constitutionally guarded rights, such as over-the-air TV, WiFi, FM radio, and clean electrical power for my home are being compromised.  I am not the only one.  Everyone around Fort Bragg is experiencing the same electrical disturbances.  Shoddy WiFi speeds.  Flickering television.  Static in my classical radio music.  For me the most disturbing is interruption of my music making.  The sound of my instruments is altered for the worse.  I can't make any music, because its sound is changing all the time at the mercy of this invisible and unknown antagonist.  The volume goes up and down.  The sound of my bass guitar changes second to second.  My ears scream with tinnitus, and there is that metallic echo in the house.  If ever it felt like Big Brother was listening, it is now.  We are experiencing multiple brown outs each day, and the power constantly is interrupted making the computers restart and smoke detectors reset.  I hear the circuit breakers on the transformers pop and shut down.  I can't watch the six o'clock news, because Piedmont flies directly over my house interrupting my television reception.  What is it in a plane or on a freight train that causes your WiFi to hitch?  Lococontrol, remote control 4,400 horse power locomotives with no engineers on board.  Just like a Lionel .027 toy train, now they can assemble three mile long trains and power them remotely from the front of the train.  What once was invasive and unacceptable NOW is off-the-hook.  Two North Carolina State University suicides this weekend, and where are Norfolk Southern's tracks?  Sometimes I think it is on purpose.  Sometimes I think Elon Musk or Jeff Bezos is listening.  The phone rings and no one is there.  My washer's motor is dead, an AC drive that lasted six years.  I guess those Abrahms tanks have to get to the Ukraine, and they aren't going in cargo planes.  They are being loaded onto huge container ships sitting at the mouth of the all ready polluted Cape Fear River at Military Ocean Terminal Sunny Point.  This sacrifice is for Ukraine, and while we are not getting shelled, we suffer just as much.  America is at war, and President Biden won't say it.  The world doesn't want to say it.  No wonder America has gone crazy.  If you bombard the human mechanism with magnetism, heat, vibration, and electricity through the air, invisibly and without constraint, don't be surprised when the human race goes mutant.  These mutants are going to their guns.