Sunday, January 18, 2015

The American Dream, No the American Slave

First I must turn on my deterrent.  It's my desperate attempt at thwarting the effect of the "Allergen Pump."  To be able to see the computer screen clearly, I have to place a fan in my window pointed at CSX-T's mainline less then several miles away.  I turn the fan on exhaust and let it blow to its heart's content.  A fan doesn't have a heart, or a mind, or an intent.  Only it serves its industry.  In this rare case that is an individual.  There is no business involved other than my writing this blog entry or article as they may come to be called.  The canvass upon which I would write is not blank.  It is rife with deterrents.  Cleverly and invisibly my mind and my body are at a disadvantage.  I have to struggle to accomplish the same things I accomplish in other places, because of this deterrent.  It could be difficult to realize the deterrent is arbitrary.  It is the roguish by-product of mass transportation, and this mass transportation rarely involves human beings.  This transportation which effects my life each and every day is transportation of products.  Logistics they call it.  Container shipping.  Never would I know that Fayetteville, North Carolina is a mecca for industry.  Industry?  Nestled along the banks of the polluted swamp water of the Cape Fear River are industries that go unnoticed to the day to day population of Fayetteville.  They are operating incognito.  Hidden.  Stealth.  The by products of these industries are strong.  They pollute our drinking water and they pollute our breathable air.  No one seems to notice other than that the people of Fayetteville die of cancer at a rate much higher than other geographic locations.  Ho hum.  Conspiracy.  It is not a conspiracy, it is the American Dream for some.  It has and it always will be.  America has not changed.  I knew the very minute I graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill I never would make a living in the state of North Carolina.  I never have.  It is not possible, because I failed to learn the political lesson required to become a self-sufficient citizen in our fair state.  It is called brown nosing.  It is called ass kissing.  It is called politics.  Oddly enough all of the wisdom and talent I have accrued during my education is not necessary.  What is necessary is that I fit in with the "In Crowd."  They are in control, because of their old money.  Their money creates the local economy in which I would need to work to make ends meet.  No one is concerned with artistic achievement, excellence, or personal wealth, because that would upset the status quo that has been in existence for centuries.  Truly it is amazing America has not changed since her rocky inception.  While she has fought wars, wars with losses reaching hundreds of thousands of soldiers, still America has not changed.  The Confederacy is alive and well, and they want nothing to do with them Damn Yanks.  I live in this confederacy.  I knew the minute I graduated from UNC-Chapel Hill, there was no way in hell ever I would make a living in the fair state of North Carolina.  That would mean I would have to give up my scholarly and artistic pursuits and learn to kiss ass for a living.  They do it all around me.  People living in this south, exactly like they did a century ago, meet for lunches.  They have dinner parties.  They drink mint julep.  They sit on their porches with one another revering in the notion that they like one another.  It is the most important thing.  The "In Crowd" only is concerned with their own mock happiness created through the admiration of others.  It is not created by the pursuit of things good.  It is not created by the pursuit of things moral.  It is not created by the pursuit of things ethical.  it is not created by the pursuit of things religious.  These would encroach on their practices of making money.  Next to fitting in making money is the next most important requirement for living in the Olde South.  It is not much of an existence.  Actually it makes my stomach turn to lay down, to play dead, or to sacrifice the hunt.  Without the hunt what challenge is left in life?  The "Lost Colony" were not privy to abandoning the hunt.  Even while they acutely were aware of its necessity for their survival in North Carolina, still they perished.  How is it possible that those who are entrenched in the hunt are not flourishing?  It is because the American Dream is dead.  It has been for quite a while.  It used to be profitable for the common man to excel.  Not anymore.  Now it is profitable for the common man to die.  We will try to treat them with our medical establishment.  We will overlook the causes to their diseases and instead treat them with inflated procedures that keep the "In Crowd" in.  We will deny them education.  We will offer them inferior products.  We will pollute the land upon which they live.  America has not changed a bit.  My fight feels every bit the same as a slaves fight for freedom.  It is psychological.  I never could know this oppression, could I?  Yes I could.  Because the slaves now are free does not mean the same struggle does not exist to make a living.  It is the same.  I turn on my deterrent.  My anti "Allergen Pump" meagerly attempts to blow back their fog easily that can envelop my existence.  It has.  It takes every amount of energy and concentration I have to overcome it, because the Republicans are skilled are changing the rules when we are not looking.  They slant the field a little at a time, before we even realize that the ball rolls downward on its on.  We are Capitalist, and this is what capitalism is.  It is not fair.  It is not just.  It is not moral.  It is not ethical.  It is not religious.  It is ruthlessly selfish in its pursuit of monetary gain.  It is like walking in a "Land of Giants" scuffling around the feet of the gods.  They are recalcitrant.  They are misbehaved.  They are unscrupulous, and they are going nowhere.  It is their old money that is our local economic infrastructure.  The American Dream is a grift.  It is a scam.  It hoax.  Do you really believe the "In Crowd" was going to allow you to make your fortune in their briar patch?