Sunday, April 21, 2024

Whining and Dhining (about Piedmont)

 By nature I am not a whiner.  Cumberland County is in the 80th percentile for not having access to appropriate medical care including primary care doctors.  Robeson County is higher.  North Carolina used to 50th for the highest teacher pay in the country.  Now we are about 47th.  You can bet on sports via "Sports Book," and loose your money over your smart phone.  You don't have to be present.  If I need to shop for groceries, I can frequent the local Harris Teeter and battle the Nazi lesbians who hate men.  (I think they must hate everyone except for their prey, some other lesbian who potentially may submit to be their lover)  It is a brutal shopping experience.  If you want to experience discrimination, try being a 60 year old single man in professional clothes.  Charlie Rose.  Harvey Weinstein.  Jeffrey Epstein and the rest of the sexual harassers who have ruined the reputation of most white men.  The White Devil.  "Kill de white mon."  This is what I utter under my breath when I shop, and it relieves the tension.  The most depressing thing is being surveilled, walking around my house and knowing the army is listening.  (Perhaps it is the NSA)  The only time I can sleep peacefully and restfully at night, is when there is a short lapse of an active freight train on the CSX tracks less than a mile from our neighborhood.  They run constantly 24/7, and they use sundown as a ruse to disguise their rampant activity.  Fayetteville is the only city that gets hotter after the sun goes down.  What could have been considered normal train activity now is radical like many things in the United States.  It begins at 5:00 a.m. every day.  Who goes to work at five o'clock in the morning?  They have to pay shareholders.  When the direct to Charlotte Red Eye flight offered by the new Piedmont flies over our neighborhood at 5:15 a.m., I am jarred from slumber.  The pilot does not climb to a traditional altitude to spare citizens below.  Because they think we are sleeping, and because they want to get to Charlotte as speedily as possible, they fly just above the treeline.  I wake up to a vacuum of absent air sucked into jet turbine engines replaced with heat, vibration, and toxic micro-particles that penetrate the walls of our homes.  It happened this morning.  I was sleeping peacefully in a cool temperature with a short lapse of traveling freight, and suddenly my body begins to ache.  First my shoulder and arm and then my hips and legs.  The air is sucked out of my bedroom, and I wake up in a vacuum of excessive heat and vibration.  The plane sucks the air out of my bedroom and replaces it with lethal pathogens.  Who needs a foreign terrorist when we have Piedmont?  Ask Johnny Carson.